145 kilometers ski traverse in the frozen Inari lake in total autonomy, guided by Àlex S. Casanovas.
Inari lake is the third largest in Finland, has more than 3.000 islands and many shelters and cabins where to rest and sleep.
The route is all flat except a section near the end where we left the lake on the way to Sevettijärvi.
The lake have plenty of islands and in some island there are shelters and cabins to stop and sleep. Have a confortable meal and place to defrost and dry your clothes.
- This traverse is supported with a snowmobile with trailer which carry all you gear, so you only have to worry about ski.
- If you go in cross-country classic ski we also can open the ski track.
March 29th to April 5th
Minimum people per group: 5
Maximum people per group: 8
PRICE (24% VAT included)
Price per person: 885,00 €
Clubs, associations and groups, please contact me.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Guide with snowmobile.
- Welcome dinner in Inari.
- All transfers.
- Snowmobile petrol.
- One night in rental cabin.
- One night in Reinder farm hostal.
- Dinner in Reindeer farm hostal.
- Breakfast in Reindeer farm hostal.
- Camp communitary supplies: Stoves, pans, plates, cutlery and glasses, thermos, tent x2.
- All meals and snacks during the traverse.
*About the ski gear: Mountain skis and plastic boots are not the appropriate gear to do this traverse. The best is the x-country skis or a convination of x-country skis, telemark bindings and leather telemark shoes. Also forest skis and boots are good.
THE PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDES:
- Flight ticket.
- Visas and/or passport charges.
- Airport taxes.
- Excess baggage.
- Accommodation in Inari.*
- Own sleeping gear (sleeping bag, mattres).**
- Personal clothing and backpack.**
- Personal insurance (medical, evacuation, etc).
- All kind of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic).
- Last night dinner.
- Lunch on the returning day.
- Anything not included in the "Price includes".
*Inari have quitte few nice hotels. You can reserve your accommodation in Booking.com. For your confort, I recommend you to reserve your accommodation in Inari. In case you you won't find it in Inari you can reserve your accommodation in Ivalo.
** Regarding the personnel clothing, gear and bivouac gear I can advise you what is the best for this traverse. Also is possible to rent an sleeping bag. In case you have your own personal gear (skis, boots, ski poles, mitens, etc) is possible to do a reduction of the total price.
I will be glad to answer your concerns and questions here.
*INCLUDED FOOD FOR THE TRAVERSE (Please tell me if you are vegetarian or follow a diet).
Mashed potatoes, noodles, meat, fish, sausages, bacon, cheese, soup, Finnish bread, garlic powder, ognion, salt and pepper, tabasco, butter, isotonic drink, berry juice, muesli, cereals, cocoa, chocolate bars, biscuits, chocolate with fruits, nuts, jelly beans, sweets, coffee, tea, powder milk, sugar.
You need to have a moderate level in ski. You need to be in a good physical condition to enjoy this traverse because you will be skiing betwee 18 to 28 kilometers per day. Temperatures can reach or even exceed -20ºC. If you are not enough fit, I recommend that you start training at least three months before departure. Contact me and I can suggest you a convenient training program.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENTS
- 40% of total activity must be paid at the time of booking.
- The total cost has to be paid 35 days before the start of the activity.
- Payments must be made by bank transfer. We do not accept other types of payments.
- Payments send by bank transfer have to include transfer cost.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- Cancellation 35 days prior the beginning date be refunded all except 100 € service charge.
- Cancellation 20 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 75% of total activity.
- 14 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 50% of total activity.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the beginning date there will be no refund.
Polarguide and Logistics strongly recommend to purchase a trip cancellation and interruption insurance, at the time you pay your initial deposit, as protection against an emergency which may force you to cancel or leave an expedition or activity while it is in progress.
During this week, every night you will have the chance to see Northern Lights, always if suitable weather conditions.