312 kilometers (aprox.) in five full days, always back to Rovaniemi city to rest and sleep. Guided by Àlex S. Casanovas.
Although it requires a good physical condition, this journey is not about physical training, but to learn about winter backcountry travel, camping and biking in the snow in cold temperatures, sometimes extreme, depending weather conditions.
During this days you will learn the little tricks to make your journey more confortable. Carrying the right gear, without compromising safety, and using it to have your body warm without get wet and specially protect your nose, fingers and toes from the frostbite.
You will learn the right way to prepare your bivouac and you will experience the bivouac, if you want, close to the safety of a cabin or shelter, allways supervised by Àlex.
You can have a look the route profiles clicking here.
From March 1st to March 7th.
Minimum people per group: 6
Maximum people per group: 12
PRICE (24% VAT included)
Price per person: 477,00 €
Clubs, associations and groups, please contact me.
- Transfer airport/hotel/airport.
- Guide with snowmobile.
- Snowmobile petrol.
- Lunch* in every stage.
PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDES
- Flight ticket.
- Visas and/or passport charges.
- Airport taxes.
- Excess baggage.
- Accommodation in Rovaniemi.*
- Personal clothing and gear.*
- Personal insurance (medical, evacuation, etc).
- All kind of drink (alcoholic and non alcoholic).
- Anything not included in the "Price includes".
*The range of hotels in Rovaniemi is very high. You can reserve your accommodation in Booking.com
** Regarding the personnel clothing and gear I can advise you what is the best for this traverse. I will be glad to answer your concerns and questions here.
*INCLUDED FOOD FOR LUNCH (Please tell me if you are vegetarian or follow a diet).
Mashed potatoes, noodles, meat, fish, sausages, bacon, cheese, soup, Finnish bread, garlic powder, ognion, salt and pepper, tabasco, butter, isotonic drink, berry juice, chocolate bars, biscuits, chocolate with fruits, nuts, jelly beans, sweets, coffee, tea, powder milk, sugar.
You need to be in a good physical condition to enjoy this activity. Temperatures can reach or even exceed -20ºC. If you are not enough fit I recommend that you start training at least three month before departure. Contact me and I can suggest you a convenient training program.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENTS
- 40% of total activity must be paid at the time of booking.
- The total cost has to be paid 35 days before the start of the activity.
- Payments must be made by bank transfer. We do not accept other types of payments.
- Payments send by bank transfer have to include transfer cost.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- Cancellation 35 days prior the beginning date be refunded all except 75 € service charge.
- Cancellation 20 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 75% of total activity.
- 14 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 50% of total activity.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the beginning date there will be no refund.
Polarguide and Logistics strongly recommend to purchase a trip cancellation and interruption insurance, at the time you pay your initial deposit, as protection against an emergency which may force you to cancel or leave an expedition or activity while it is in progress.
During this week, every night we will have the chance to see Northern Lights, always if suitable weather conditions.
You can have a look for offers and reservation at: