245 kilometers Fat-Bike traverse in the frozen Inari lake in total autonomy, guided by Àlex S. Casanovas.
Inari lake is the third largest in Finland, has more than 3.000 islands and many shelters and cabins where to rest and sleep.
Although it requires a good physical condition, the traverse is all flat except a section close to Sevettijärvi. This is an introduction to the polar environement, where to learn about winter backcountry travel, camping ad biking i the snow in cold temperatures surrounded by a wonderful natural settin. Regardless the cold temperatures, only the snow condition will influence the hardness of the route.
This traverse is supported with a snowmobile with trailer which carry all you gear, so you only have to worry about cycling.
April 8th to April 14th.
Minimum people per group: 5
Maximum people per group: 8
Clubs, associations and groups, please contact me.
PRICE: (included 24% VAT)
Per person: 895,00 €
- Guide with snowmobile.
- Welcome dinner in Inari.
- All transfers.
- Snowmobile petrol.
- One night in Reindeer farm hostal.
- Dinner in Reindeer farm hostal.
- Breakfast in Reindeer farm hostal.
- Camp comunitary supplies: Tent x2, stoves, pans, plates, cutlery and glasses, thermos.
- All meals and snacks during the traverse.*
PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDE:
- Flight ticket.
- Visas and/or passport charges.
- Airport taxes.
- Excess baggage.
- Accommodation in Inari.*
- Own bivouac gear (sleeping bag, mattress).**
- Personal clothing and bag.**
- All kind of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic).
- Last night dinner.
- Lunch on the returning day.
- Anything not included in the "Price includes".
*Inari have quitte few nice hotels. You can reserve your accommodation in Booking.com. For your confort, I recommend you to reserve your accommodation in Inari. In case you you won't find it in Inari you can reserve your accommodation in Ivalo.
** Regarding the personnel clothing, gear and bivouac gear I can advise you what is the best for this traverse. Also is possible to rent an sleeping bag. I will be glad to answer your concerns and questions here.
*INCLUDED FOOD FOR THE TRAVERSE (Please tell me if you are vegetarian or follow a diet).
Mashed potatoes, noodles, meat, fish, sausages, bacon, cheese, soup, Finnish bread, garlic powder, ognion, salt and pepper, tabasco, butter, isotonic drink, berry juice, muesli, cereals, cocoa, chocolate bars, biscuits, chocolate with fruits, nuts, jelly beans, sweets, coffee, tea, powder milk, sugar.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENTS
- 40% of total activity must be paid at the time of booking.
- The total cost has to be paid 35 days before the start of the activity.
- Payments must be made by bank transfer. We do not accept other types of payments.
- Payments send by bank transfer have to include transfer cost.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- Cancellation 35 days prior the beginning date be refunded all except 100 € service charge.
- Cancellation 20 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 75% of total activity.
- 14 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 50% of total activity.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the beginning date there will be no refund.
Polarguide and Logistics strongly recommend to purchase a trip cancellation and interruption insurance, at the time you pay your initial deposit, as protection against an emergency which may force you to cancel or leave an expedition or activity while it is in progress.
You can have a look for offers and reservation at: