The Baltic Sea traverse could be a challenging traverse. Also highly recommended if you are thinking to do a polar traverse in over exposed places.
We will support you in logistics as far as you want... From packet store, advice and transfers and field support (by snwomobile), so you just have to pedal without worry about anything else.
This 80 kilometers traverse in the frozen sea is for bikers with experience in cold weather and winter camping. In good snow and weather conditions a strong biker can do it in one day. But two or even three days could be necessary to do it*. Although that the track conditions can force you to push the bike, sometimes the wind blow very strong greatly slowing the progression.
Middle end of February and March are the best moment to try it.
In this journey all meals have to be cook in a white gas stove and the tent is the unique shelter for rest and sleep.
Contact me for more information and tailor made program.
*Allways depending weather conditions.
MINIMUM LOGISTIC SUPPORT.
Middle of February to middle of March.
PRICE: (24% VAT included)
Total price per one to two person team: 480,00 €
For a larger team, please contact me.
- Transfer airport-hotel.
- Transfer Rovaniemi - Oulu.
- Transfer Kemi-Rovaniemi.
- Tranfers hotel-airport.
- Baggage store.
PRICE DOESN'T INCLUDES:
- Anything not included in the "Price includes".
- Stove: 8 € p/day.
- White gas: 7 € p/liter.
- Pots and cutlery: 3 € p/day.
- Little home made pulka: 15 € p/day.
RESERVATION AND PAYMENTS
- 40% of total activity must be paid at the time of booking.
- The total cost has to be paid 35 days before the start of the activity.
- Payments must be made by bank transfer. We do not accept other types of payments.
- Payments send by bank transfer have to include transfer cost.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
- Cancellation 35 days prior the beginning date be refunded all except 75 € service charge.
- Cancellation 20 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 75% of total activity.
- 14 days prior the beginning date will be refunded 50% of total activity.
- Cancellations less than 14 days before the beginning date there will be no refund.
Polarguide and Logistics strongly recommend to purchase a trip cancellation and interruption insurance, at the time you pay your initial deposit, as protection against an emergency which may force you to cancel or leave an expedition or activity while it is in progress.
You can have a look for offers and reservation at: