Roavve Polar Ultra 300. 20.-26 February 2015
Please read the following information carefully
Any racer who fails to comply with the rules will be disqualified
Mandatory Pre-Race meeting on February 20, 2015 at 16:00 h.
Race starts on Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 09:00 h.
Race finishes on Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 09:00 h.
Registration open 15.11.2014 and closes on 10.02.2015.
For bikers, skiers and runners it is 400 euro.
For tandem it is 600 euro.
For disabled athletes it is free.
Racers must have a minimum of 18 years old.
Race is limited to 50 participants.
Racers can chose to go by bicycle , tandem, ski or running.
Participation for disabled athletes is limmited to 5 racers.
Participants must have finished at least one of the following winter racers:
White Mountain 100
Sheep Mountain 150
Yukon Arctic Ultra
Lapland Extreme Challenge.
Iditarod Trail Invitational.
NO OUTSIDE HELP
This is a human powered race, racers must be self sufficient. Any oustside help by a support crew, outside assistance to advance up or down the trail such as snowmobiles or cars or motorbikes etc, is not allowed.
Is also forbidden, once you are in the river near to Rovaniemi, on the way to mandatory waypoints 009, 010, 011 and 012 to go to hotel or any accommodation, shop or bar for rest, change clothes, load/unload bike or sledge, buy food, take extra gear and/or anything which could be understood as outside help.
Racers will be disqualified if, at any time during the race, they have any outside help.
- 1st male and 1st female of each category* will receive a free entry fee** for any race or challenge Polarguide and Logistics organize*** the next time
- Magic Shaman drum for the first of each category.
- Hand made typical Sami pocket knife for the second and third of each category.
- All finishers will have a birch medal with his name and race logo.
* Tandem is included in bike category.
** Only for once and is valid for two years.
***Lapland Extreme Challenge, Roavve300, Rovaniemi150 and 66ºNorth.
Maximum time allowed to complete Roavve300 is 120 hours* (by 09:00 h. February 26, 2015)
Meeting is mandatory for all participants. Failure to present the participant will be disqualified.
During the meeting the participants musht show the mandatory gear to the race director.
During the meeting all participants must do a mandatory test of their satellite device tracker.
During the meeting the organization will charge the 200 € cash deposit* for evacuation.
*This amoutn will be returned at the end of the race to those who have had no need of evacuation or rescue service.
RACE DAY CHECK-IN
Race Check-in is mandatory for all racers. Sign in between 08:00 to 08:45 at the starting point. If a participant is late and don't do the Check-in before 08:45, the participant must wait untill after the race has started to Check-in.
1- SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE WITH ENOUGH BATTERIES
2- MOBILE PHONE WITH ENOUGH BATTERY
3- REAR RED FLASHING LAMP WITH ENOUGH BATTERIES.
4- REFLECTIVE PATCHES.
- Participants must carry all mandatory gear through out the entire race from beginning to end and finish it with it.
- Participants must bring all mandatory gear for check-in to the Meeting.
- Any racer who don't have the appropriate mandatory gear will not be allowed to participate.
MANDATORY TEST SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE
In case that the satellite device doesn't work during the test in the mandatory meeting, participants have untill midnight to fix the problem.
PROTOCOL SATELLITE TRACKING DEVICE. WHAT YOU MUST DO
- The device must have the casting mode activated. Sending position signals every 10/15 minutes.
- Once the participant arrive to the mandatory waypoint she/he must do the check-in with the satellite device.
- Send message when you do a long stop for rest, eat or sleep.
- Send message when you start after rest, eat or sleep.
- If satellite device tracker doesn't work because no more batteries or any other reason, participants must send message by phone.
- If satellite device is complety broken or for any reason doesn't work participant will be disqualified.
- All racers must do the checking in the mandatory waypoints.
- Any participant who forgett to do the check-in in any of the mandatory waypoints will be disqualiifed.
- Margin of error: 50 meters.
CHECKPOINTS (Rovaniemi150 section)
Checkpoints are small so any non racers or people who are following the racers, are not permitted.
Checkpoints have a shelter but if you want to sleep or rest be prepared in case you don't find a place insicde the shelter.
Roavve300 participants doesn't have to adhere to the checkpoint cut off time.
COOKING IN CHECKPOINTS (Rovaniemi150 section)
If you intend to cook at the checkpoints. remember that, if you arrive before checkpoint close, you will only find water (no hot, not boiling). If you need to cook with your stove at checkpoints you have to do it ouside the shelter. Anyway you can cook with the firewood done outside the shelter.
If you arrive once the checkpoint is close you can use the fire wood and the tent (in case still there).
COOKING IN PUBLIC SHELTERS
Normally there is always wood, but be ready just in case there is not. Public shelters in Finland use to be very good maintained.
BIVY BETWEEN CHECKPOINTS OR SHELTERS
If you are planning to sleep between checkpoints or anywhere away of a public shelter you have to do it off the main trail, but in sight of the trail and with the red flashing light on, attach to some point (bike, ski pole, sled, etc) to alert your presence to snowmobiles.
RESCUE, EVACUATIONS, SCRATCHING and DISQUALIFIED
Rescue and evacuations are at participant's expenses.
A fee in cash of 200 euro will be charged in advance to the participants, during the meeting, to cover the expenses for transport in case of Evacuation or Rescue to the nearest road or Ambulance and Hospital. This amount will be refunded at the end of the race to those who have not need the evacuation service.
Rescue alarm will be activated:
- If the signal is in the same point and organization has not received any message from the participant by phone or satellite tracking device.
- If there is no signal by satellite tracking device or message by phone or satellite tracking device.
- If you push the SOS button from your satellite tracking device.
- If you send SOS message.
- If you call us asking for help.
In case of evacuation organization will take appropriate action depending on the situation.
A disqualified participant doesn't have to quit if he/she doesn't want but his/her name won't be in the "Finisher's list".
Organization will inform the disqualified participant by phone message.
All participants must inform to the organization if they intend to scratch and return to the start and return to the start point.
If participant is able and willing to return to the start point under his or her own power, or with the assistance of an external source, he or she may do so.
Entries are non refundable and non transferable to any other participant. The only exception is cancelation of he race before starts, in which case the organizaion will refunds 100% of registration fees to all participants.
The race may be canceled afte the start in case of any unexpected or catastrophic circumstances. In cases such as these, no refunds will be given.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The race director reserves the right to refuse entry to any participant.
Respect Private Property. Participants are not allowed to pass, sleep or use Private Property (Finnish laws).
Any participant with a dog on the race will be disqualified.
LITTER and USED or WET GEAR and OTHER STUFF
Do not litter the trail. Leave no trace.
Do not defecate on race trail. Go as far as possible off the trail.
Do not damage any structures, Private Property. Be respectful.